Medical Cannabis Handbook
5.00 out of 5
Medical Cannabis Handbook for Healthcare Professionals delves into the biology of the endocannabinoid system addressing how cannabis interacts with the body, its effects and side effects, and how to manage cannabis-drug interactions. Chapters discuss in detail how to talk to patients, what language providers can and cannot use, protocols for patient-centered dosing, and the variety of available cannabinoid pharmaceuticals. Based on the latest research, this book demonstrates the efficacy of cannabis in treating a broad range of symptoms and conditions. Written for any healthcare professional who might have to answer patient questions about medical cannabis, this handbook dispels common myths and confirms little-known facts about medical cannabis.
Helps healthcare professionals to navigate the maze of information and disinformation about medical cannabis
Written for all healthcare professionals who are considering including medical cannabis in their treatment plans, this is the first handbook to disseminate all the information needed to advise patients safely and legally. Replete with evidence-based guidelines firmly grounded in the most up-to-date research, this resource covers the historical, legal, and biological context of medical cannabis so healthcare professionals can confidently discuss possible plans with their patients.
- Delivers the most up-to-date, evidence-based research on medical cannabis to enhance understanding of this complex topic
- Provides historical, legal, and biological content so that healthcare providers can confidently discuss medical cannabis with patients
- Dispels common cannabis myths and misinformation
- Discusses pain management regarding cannabis and opioids
- Co-published with Medical Marijuana 411, the leading medical cannabis education provider to offer online CME, CPE and CNE courses to health professionals worldwide; and required certifications for dispensary consultants
Weight 2 lbs Dimensions 11 × 8 × 1 in